6.03.2013

Menu Monday

This is a mega birthday week in our home and I'm so excited to celebrate two of our boys!!  One of our birthday traditions with the boys is that they get to choose the dinner menu for their birthday.  They LOVE this and look forward to it each year!  So twice this week, we will be eating birthday dinners chosen by our 12 and 8 year olds! {y'all...how is it possible that they are turning 12 & 8??!!}
 
Here's what will fuel our celebration all week....
 
**Monday ~ Grouch Chicken w/ Roasted Squash & Onions
 
**Tuesday ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY!!  Waffle House {gag} ;) and Donuts for dessert
 
**Wednesday ~ Pecan Crusted Chicken w/ Broccoli
{click HERE for recipe!}
 
**Thursday ~ Carolina Country Chicken w/ Asparagus
 
**Friday ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAYDEN!!  He chose Homemade Pizzas w/ Meemi's Green Beans & Beets and Hershey's Ice Cream Shop for dessert
 
**Saturday ~ Tacos
 
**Sunday ~ Baked Lemon Poppyseed Chicken over Spinach w/ Sliced Strawberries
 
Okay.  So a few noteworthy things to mention here.....
 
*Before moving here I had always heard all about Waffle House.  We moved here and I was all pumped to try it and ummmm....no.  Far from impressed.  But Colby LOVES it and since its his birthday and all about him for the day, Waffle House it is. 
 
*Brayden's birthday menu cracks.me.up.  The boy is crazy!  Meemi's green beans just means that it is canned green beans and they are cooked in chicken broth....that's how my Meemi makes them and he loves them.  And beets?!  The boy will hardly eat anything with nutritional value without a fight but he loves pickled beets. So pizza, green beans & pickled beets....mmmmkay.  Hardly the norm but I'm rolling with it! ha!
 
*This baked lemon poppyseed chicken is amazing.  Y'all...we had it last week and we're having it again and for the love of all that is good and tasty would you just make this meal and then come tell me how right I am?!  I'm pretty surious about this ~ just make it. now. And then thank me later!
 
Alright...I'm off to enjoy our week o' celebration!!  Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!
 
 
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him.
~Psalm 127:3~
 
 


No comments: