5.10.2013

That one dreaded word.....




This journey as a military wife is a blessed one.  In so, so many ways!  But there are some really tough things that come along with the calling to be a military wife.  Goodbyes.  Lots of them.  And ya know, I keep waiting for it to get easier but it doesn't.  It hurts so much. 
 
I'm so thankful that God continually gives me the strength to open my heart to new friendships knowing our time together is short.  I've wondered so many times if it would be easier to just not get close.  To not let my heart grow attached in a way only genuine friendship allows.  But over and over I'm flooded with all the richness these friendships bring to my life.  I cannot imagine walking through the struggles of life without the friends that God has blessed me with.  And so I put my heart on the line again and again and let the pain of the goodbye be a reminder of all that the friendship has brought into my life.
 
 
Veronica ~ I'm still not sure how I'm going to make it through each day without you here. Your friendship is such a cherished blessing! I still remember the first time we met ~ you were big & pregnant, I was sick & pregnant and we were gettin' our bunco on. You will forever be my valley girl mexican chica! Our friendship is effortless and I'm so so grateful for each day we got to walk this journey together. I'm so excited for this amazing opportunity God has blessed your family with and I can't wait to hear all about life for you back in Cali! It's not "goodbye", its "see you later" right?!
 

I've given up on the idea of ever getting better at goodbye.  I'm not good at it.  It hurts so bad.  But there is good in it ~ and today I'm going to take time to thank the Lord for all the amazing ways this friendship has blessed me.  Cherished memories and lots of them!
 
 
 
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
~ Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 ~



No comments: