5.06.2013

Menu Monday

Last week was rough.  Just emotionally and mentally draining and I've been battling horrible headaches for a few days now.  No fun!  But I'm thankful for a new week and I'm determined to make it better than last!!  A couple of this weeks meals are repeats from last week that didn't happen ~ flexibility is key for my sanity!! ;)
 
*Monday ~ Hobo Dinners (this is one John learned in boy scouts and he likes to do it with the boys every once in a while! Its basically ground beef, carrots & potatoes cooked in foil pouches!) =)
 
*Tuesday ~ Maple Mustard Chicken w/ Broccoli
 
*Wednesday ~ We'll be at a friends house to celebrate a birthday!
 
*Thursday ~ Chicken Enchilada Stew w/ Cornbread
 
*Friday ~ Pecan Crusted Chicken w/ Green Beans (I'm including this recipe below!)
 
*Saturday ~ Roasted Sausage & Veggies
 
*Sunday ~ Grill Hotdogs & Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob & Baked Beans
 
 
The pecan crusted chicken is not one that I found online but I think it is share worthy!  Super easy and you could easily use a different nut instead of pecans!!
 
1/2 C. spicy brown mustard
2 tbsp raw organic honey (or whatever you have!)
1 C. pecans, crushed
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
sea salt (optional)
 
*Preheat the oven to 350. 
*In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard and honey.
*Toss the pecans into a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely chopped.  Pour them into a large bowl and set aside.
*Using a paper towel, remove any excess moisture from the outside of the chicken breasts.
*Taking one chicken breast at a time, roll the chicken in the honey/mustard mix and coat on both sides.
*Transfer coated chicken into the chopped pecans and again cover both sides.
*Place the crusted chicken into a greased glass baking dish and sprinkle each breast with just a little sea salt if desired.
*Bake 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
 
You could also try coating the chicken with bbq sauce, or ranch or whatever other sauce you might like!!  Super simple and tasty!!
 
Hope everyone has a great week!!  I'm loving the cooler temps and planning to soak it up because all too soon the heat & humidity will take over!!
 
 
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
~Isaiah 12:2~

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds delish! Hope your week is starting off better and those headaches are long gone!