5.23.2013

I've Hit a Wall

UGH.
 
This is a post I don't want to write.  But this is a post that I need to write.  Because I want to keep it real but also?  Because I need to own this part of my fitness journey.
 
There has been frustration and tears and questions and far too much over analyzing the last few days.  But I suppose it is best summed up in the title of this post ~ I've hit a wall in this journey.  I keep hearing my trainers voice as he hugged me ~ "you've hit a wall kid."
 
So what now??  The only option is to keep working hard.  To knock this wall down and turn around and give it the middle finger cherish the feeling of defeating it!  That's not what I feel like doing. I feel like giving up and saying forget it.  I feel like saying "why bother".  I feel like I've worked SO hard for the  last 6 weeks for nothing.  But feelings can lie and that's just what all of those feelings are.  Lies.
 
So I'll push on, keep working hard even when I don't feel like it and I'll be beyond ready to celebrate when I can write the next post about this journey of mine and say "I did it!!" 
 

YES.  YES I will break through this wall and YES I will keep going and Yes I will choose to not believe the lies that my feelings are.  NO I won't give in and NO I won't give up. 
 
So here's to shooting the middle finger at breaking down the walls we hit in whatever journey we may be on!  I'd love to hear of times in your life that you've hit a wall ~ maybe in your own fitness journey?  Or in your career?  Whatever it may be, I'd love to hear about it!!  And to hear about your triumph when that wall came tumbling down!!
 
 
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
~Proverbs 14:23~


3 comments:

Ginger said...

Thank you for writing this...for being honest. So many people never talk about the hard parts and you end up thinking it is never hard for them...even though it is. It takes courage to admit your struggles, but it also makes life authentic. I applaud your honesty. It also helps those of us who are struggling at the same time. I have no doubt you will break through this wall or climb over this wall or whatever needs to happen and be so much stronger for it!

Angela said...

You go girl!! You can do it! Just stay positive and keep working hard...break that wall down! :)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Way to go...keep up the hard work. It's so hard, but I know you can do it. Sorry that's kind of cheesy advice. Normally, what I do in situations like this is sit and have a good cry then start again. Might not be the most helpful, but does work sometimes.