5.27.2013

Memorial Day & Menu Monday

Memorial Day. 
 
 
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
~John 15:13~
 
Words fail me.  I feel there just aren't words to adequately sum up the sacrifice.  To truly express the gratitude to each person who's heart is incomplete because their loved one left to serve and didn't come home.  Maybe my tears?  Maybe that's as close as it gets.  The tears that fall every time I allow myself to really consider it.  The selflessness of it all.  These men and women lay down their lives for me.  For my family.  For you and the ones you love.  There just aren't words.  So I'll pray peace and comfort that only the Lord can give.  And I'll remember....not just today but often.  Every time I see our majestic flag flying, I'll remember.  When I hear our nation's anthem play, I'll remember.  As I worship God freely each week, I'll remember.  The sacrifice will not be forgotten.
...........................................................................................
 
I hope you're enjoying your long weekend!!  We are loving having John home with us today and had such a great weekend full of friendship, laughter, and family!
This week is looking like it will be a crazy one but it will be full of fun!!  Here's what will fuel our crazy and fun all week....
 
Monday ~ Smokin' Sweet Tea Chicken w/ Broccoli
 
Tuesday ~ Spaghetti & Garlic Bread for my guys.  I'm going to dinner w/ some girlfriends!!
 
Wednesday ~ Grouch Chicken w/ Roasted Squash & Onions
 
Thursday ~ BBQ Sandwiches & Ranch Style Beans for my guys.  A women's ministry event at church for me!!
 
Friday ~ I'm having an Origami Owl party and the boys will be going out!  So far I know I'm making Sausage Balls and I've got to figure out what else! ;)
 
Saturday ~ Lemon Poppyseed Baked Chicken over Spinach w/ Sliced Strawberries
 
 
A busy fun filled week that will be fueled by some amazing food!!  And my bestie Sarah will be here TOMORROW!!!!  Eeeeekkk....I cannot wait!!!
Have a great week!
 
 
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.
~James 1:12~


2 comments:

Angela said...

Hope you're having a blast with your best friend!

Jennifer said...

Those invites are precious :)