1.21.2009

The Sweetest Words


It was a typical weekend night. The boys were all tucked into Colby's bed and excited that Colby didn't have school the next day so they could sleep together. We said prayers and sang and then as i tucked them both in one last time Colby said the sweetest words i've ever heard. With an ear to ear grin on his precious face he said "Your the best Mommy and Daddy ever!" Tears filled my eyes as i kissed him and told him how very much i loved him. I am so humbled by such unconditional love. I am so far from perfect in any way but most definitely as a Mommy. I lose my cool, my patience runs out at times, I forget to send lunch money or a snack to school....oh how far i am from perfect. Yet in this little boys eyes i'm the best. How blessed am i that God chose me to give this child to?!? I am overwhelmed with gratitude that God has given me the opportunity to love and nurture these lil men and i am ever so grateful for the love they have for me. I never knew love like i do now until i held Colby in my arms that first time. And so when i am tempted to lose my cool, when my patience seems to be running out...I will pray. Pray that i can be all that God would have me be for these precious gifts I call my sons. Pray that He would give me the strength to not lose my cool, to be patient and do my best to live up to being the "best mommy ever"!

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

How sweet is that!
I think we all need that little reminder that when times get tough, when we feel like screaming or wish that they would just "get", Pray. And thank the Lord that He has given these precious gifts to us, happy & healthy!

Scrapper Mom said...

Being a mom is most definitely the greatest!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!

Russ and Erin said...

awwww, tears came into my eyes too! How sweet! Love that.

April said...

Yes, I read Kelly's post earlier today...isn't that awesome what God can do??? Loved reading your post about your little boys. So very precious!