4.22.2013

Menu Monday

We got back yesterday from a little family get away and let me tell you....it was such a blessed, amazing time of relaxation, fun, friendship and just soaking up every minute with my loves!  But as you all know, getting back into the swing of things after traveling can be daunting!  Here's what will fill our tummies as we get back in the groove....
 
Monday ~ Creamy Lemon Chicken w/ Snow Peas & Peppers
 
Tuesday ~ Grouch Chicken w/ Green Beans
 
Wednesday ~ Tacos
 
Thursday ~ Chicken & Apple Sausage w/ Broccoli
 
Friday ~ We're going to a fundraiser spaghetti supper!!
 
Saturday ~ Pizza for the guys/ Bunco w/ the girls for me!!
 
Sunday ~ Grilled Hawaiian Kabobs w/ Chicken, Peppers & Pineapple
 
While I'm not a fan (AT ALL) of the heat that comes along with spring & summer, I do love being able to grill and the lighter food that comes along with it!!  What is your favorite meal for spring time?!!  I'd love to hear from ya!!
 
 
Since I didn't get to post last week.....
***Last week was a tragic one for this country and my heart hurts.  Oh how my heart hurts for every.single.person who's life was forever changed last week by the horrible events that took place.  Life is a blessing....every single day of it!  And while its tough to find any good in tragedies like the bombing in Boston & the explosion in Texas, I will say that it has helped me to re-focus.  To take a deep breath before getting frustrated w/ the little things and to remember to really cherish every giggle, every smile, every talk, and yes, every single fit thrown & sibling feud the boys get in.   To hold John's hand a little tighter, to thank him more often, to tell him more often how special he is to me.  To smile more, laugh more, and focus on just how blessed I am.  Because I am blessed.  So very very blessed.***
 
 
 
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
~Lamentations 3:21-23~


2 comments:

April said...

Hope you'll share about your trip! Sounds like y'all had fun! You captured exactly how I feel about the events involving the Boston bombing. Sure makes you look at life and those your love a little differently.

Angela said...

Those sound so delicious! I'm glad you got to get away and spend time with your husband and kids.:)