4.05.2013

Fitness Update!!!

Alright y'all.  Here it goes.....sharing the numbers.  Easy?  No!  But, I want to keep it real and if sharing these numbers can inspire even just one person to get active and eat better than its worth it!! 
 
Like I've shared before, I began a bootcamp program back in October.  And then just a couple of weeks ago I began eating Paleo.  Each bootcamp session is 6 weeks long and then the trainers do assessments and keep track of our body fat, weight, and measurements!  Check out this short video clip to see a little of what bootcamp is all about.....
 
 
Now for the scary part....sharing numbers!  When i began bootcamp on October 15th, 2012 my number were:
 
Weight: 211 lbs (YIKES!)
Body fat: 38.2% (super YIKES!)
Chest : 41 in.
Waist: 43 in.
Hip: 49 in.
Thigh: 27.25in
Bicep: 13.25 in
 
UGH.  Its still so hard to believe that i let myself get to that point.  But, that's the old me!!  Last night, 5 1/2 months later my numbers were:
 
Weight: 190 lbs
Body Fat: 30.2%
Chest: 35.75 in
Waist: 36.25 in
Hip: 44.5 in
Thigh: 23 in
Bicep: 12.5 in
 
getting measured last night!
So....the fun numbers!!  The weight, fat, & inches I've lost!!
 
Weight: -21 lbs.
Body fat: -8%
Chest: -5.25 in.
Waist: -6.75 in.
Hip: -4.5 in.
Thigh: -4.25 in.
Bicep: -3/4 in.
 
A total of 21.5 inches lost!!!
 
Facing these numbers isn't easy.  I've still got a LONG way to go but I'm working at it!  And I'm getting there!  I want this to be a lifestyle....I don't ever want to see these numbers again.  I want to feel good about me again.  I want to be healthy and well so that i can enjoy my family and the life I'm blessed with!  I want to be a positive example to my boys.  There really isn't a down side to it!!  Yes, it's a time commitment.  Yes, it's hard.  But anything worthwhile takes time & hard work, right?!
 
 
Every journey begins with a single step. 
I'm grateful that my journey is underway and I'm grateful for Fixed on Fitness and for Troy (my trainer) who is completely dedicated & committed to helping me be the best me I can be!


2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

That's AWESOME!
You go girl!!!!!

Angela said...

Way to go girl, that is so great!! You are so strong, I love your attitude. You should be so proud of yourself!