2.01.2016

Back in the Saddle

Its been a while!  And A LOT has changed for our family since the last time I wrote!!

The biggest of those changes is that we moved back to our home state of Texas!!!


when we became official residents of the greatest state again! ;)


It was quite the adventure!  Hubby is deployed so I was flying solo but I have the most amazing friends, and my girlfriend Sarah flew down and spent almost 3 weeks helping me with everything.  I cannot even begin to tell you how much it meant to me!  I would have been a total basket case without her!

We've been here in the Houston area for a few months now and I am finally beginning to feel like it is home.  It was not easy to say goodbye to Pensacola.  We spent 7 years there building a life full of friendships that became family, making memories, and we really thought we would retire there.  But God made it clear He had other plans and so here we are!  Trusting in His plans and excited to see what he has for us here!

One of my favorite things about being back in the lone star state is being so much closer to family!! While we missed John terribly, we were able to spend Thanksgiving with family for the first time in 11 years.  So special!  And it was the first time in 3 years that we were back home for Christmas.  John and I both grew up spending holidays with our grandparents and extended family so it is so special to us that our boys will have those memories now too!!
 
My boys sitting in the very same chair at my Meemi's that I grew up sitting in!

Meemi is the cutest! She still does stockings for all of us!!

The whole fam minus John! This year we will be able to have him in the pic too!!


I'm so excited to be back here writing ~ sharing my heart and journaling some of this amazing life I'm blessed to live!  And I'm looking forward to catching up with some of my blog friends that I've missed so much!! 

xoxo
Aubs

No comments: