3.12.2008

Freshly Amazed....

Once again, I am freshly amazed by God's timing! In my bible study lesson last week I came across the following verses and the timing couldn't have been better.

Ephesians 5:22-24

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. (23) For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. (24) Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

I took time to truly stop and think.....Am I giving John the respect he deserves as my husband and the head of this household?? Am I submitting to him in everything as I have been directed to do in scripture??

As we begin to look at options for where we will make our home next I am being taught an important lesson is submission to the man God chose to lead this family. Of course I have my ideas of what I want.......and I have found myself getting frustrated when John brings up options other than what I want. But once again the Lord has humbled me with his timing and His word and how thankful I am for it. I am going to step out in faith and know that the God given leader of this home will make the right decision......we have discussed everything.......he will take my feelings into consideration and will turn to the Lord for guidance and we will do the Lord's will for our family. And as hard as it has been for me to come to accept.....it may not be what I want. And I am working on being ok with that....its difficult but I am comforted by the following verse....

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

What a comforting declaration from our Lord and Savior. This verse has been such a comfort to me in so many different situations and I pray it can be the same for you! We serve an amazing God and I am so grateful for the husband he has blessed me with. Please pray for John, and for our family, as we go forward with the process of finding out where our next home will be!

1 comment:

Jean Marie Bibby said...

Two cents.......

Indiana is a beautiful place, ya know. :-)

I know exactly what you are going through. As I look back over the 10 years it took us to finally be settled somewhere (for more than two years), I'm thankful that God's plan was better than mine.

I heard somewhere in a song, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans." The more I've throught on this, the more I could picture me standing before our Mighty Creator. What a humorous picture, me trying to tell God that I think we should do this or that. HAHAHAHA!:-)

What a gracious and merciful God we serve.