1.22.2008

A Broken Heart

Gosh....I remember taking orders to come to Whidbey Island about 3 years ago and talking with John about how he would have to deploy and trying to imagine what it might be like when he did. But nothing could have prepared me for the very real emotions and heart break. The emptiness and loneliness. This is the 3rd time in 2 years we have had to say good bye for a deployment and it has not gotten any easier. Each time brings different challenges....this time the hardest part of the goodbye was Brayden. He understood as we watched the plane take off that his Daddy was gone and there is no way to help him understand. All I can do is reassure him that his Daddy loves him and will come home to us as soon as he can. And I am so very proud of Colby......he is growing up so much and does his best to be "the man of the house" while his Daddy is away. So...the house feels very empty and there is a hole in my heart that will be there until my very best friend is home with us again. I am going to make the best of this and do everything I can to keep busy and make this as easy on the boys as possible. Please pray for strength and guidance for me and understanding and peace for the boys as we navigate yet another deployment.

No comments: