10.29.2012

Good in Goodbye?

I'm no good at goodbye's.  I can't stand them.  And living this lifestyle God has blessed me with?  well it means alot of goodbyes.  And i keep thinking i'll get better at it but not so much.  But the time has come to say another goodbye to another really good friend.  Every time i'm tempted to say it isn't fair, i go back to this......

In a bible study written especially for military spouses, called Hope for the Homefront, there is a chapter on the sacrifice of separation and author Marshele Carter Waddell ended with the question...What's so good about good-bye?? I'd just like to share a few of the answers she gave....

~It is good that we stop our frenzy of activity to express our appreciation for the comfort, the friendship, the support, the laughter, the tears, and the encouragement the person has added to our journey.

~Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend.

~Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these blessings are gifts from the hand of God.


This week i will say goodbye to my amazing friend Ashley.  I could go on and on but i think the word amazing is about as close as i can come to summing her up in words!  We've walked through tragedy together.  We've survived pregnancy in pensacola heat & held each other's newborn babies.  She's been with me every step of the way as our family faced three of the hardest years of my life & has been such an incredible encouragement.  While this goodbye stinks and i wish we could be together geographically forever, i'm so thankful for the friendship!

me, Ashley & Denae ~ Ash & I are sporting our baby bumps!

And so this week i will stop my frenzy of activity and do my best to express my appreciation for all that Ashley has added to my journey.  As i reflect on all that our friendship has seen the last several years, i will give thanks over and over for all the many blessings this friendship has brought into my life.  And i will always cherish the moments i've been allowed to walk side by side with Ashley.

going away ladies night! ~Ashley, Veronica, Lisa & me~

our little men w/ the "H" babies!

       Ashley ~ your friendship has been such a wonderful blessing the last 4 years.  God knows our needs even before we do, and He knew that i needed you!  Thank you so much for the laughs, the love, the encouragement, & prayer ~ every memory will be cherished!  I'm so excited for all that God has for you in the next chapter of your story and i can't wait to hear all about it!  Praying blessings abound as you get settled in your new home!  Fair winds & following seas "H" family ~ you're going to be so very missed!

us & the H's ~ one last dinner together!

So, yes!  It hurts.  It's hard.  But there is good in goodbye!  And i'm so very thankful that while miles may separate, they don't end a friendship!  I'm blessed to have friends all over the world and a life that is richly blessed by each of them!

No comments: