4.25.2009

Please Pray.....

It is with a broken heart that i write this morning and ask for prayer....i received a phone call this morning with news that a friend from church was killed in a car accident last night. She and her husband are in our small group and i have been blessed to grow even closer to her thru a bible study the last couple of months. I'm torn between the peace of knowing that she is home w/ our Lord now and the hurt for her husband and their two beautiful boys. Erika was such a blessing and will be so incredibly missed. She was a wonderful wife, Mommy, and friend. Please pray for her husband, Rob, and their two boys, Andrew-2 and James-not even 1. Pray for peace and comfort as they grieve this tragic loss. If nothing else this has done something indescribable in my heart today.......every single day we have is a blessing and the reality is that i haven't treated my days that way lately.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

It's easy to question God in difficult times like this but i KNOW God is good. And in times like this when my earthly mind cannot understand i will cling to His word....His promises. He works for the good of those who love him. Erika loved our Lord and Savior and she is home w/ Him now and He is working for the good even when we don't understand. I am so blessed knowing that i can come to all of you for prayer and i thank you for that! I pray you are all having a wonderful weekend enjoying your family and not sweating the small stuff!

6 comments:

April said...

Oh, sweet friend, my heart is breaking with the news you shared. I am so, so sorry about what's happened. You can guarantee that I will lift Erika's family up in prayer and all those who loved her dearly...you included. May God bring all of you the peace and comfort you so deperately need right now. She is HOME in the loving arms of our Savior, but that doesn't lessen the hurt that you feel. I'll be thinking of and praying for all of you now, and in the coming days. Sending you BIG HUGS!

April said...

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to share this with my good friend Tim Thompson...he's started a group called Fort Thompson Prayers Soldiers and he'll get the word out for others to pray, as well.

Jean Marie Bibby said...

I'm so sorry. Thank you for posting this, I know it was not easy. I will be praying for them.

Erin Burns said...

Oh Aubs!! I know exactly the pain you are going thru. It breaks my heart to hear of another young wife and mother leaving TOO SOON! But you do have it right, God has a plan and GOOD will come of this.

I will pray for her family as well as your heart. Big ((HUGS)) to you tonight! XOXO

Love said...

oh geez....i will pray. it IS so easy to question and wonder in times like these. even knowing she is truly home now and drinking in the pure goodness that we can't even imagine....it is hard to reconcile those 2 boys not having their mama for the rest of their lives. i will pray!!
may He be glorified and bring good (even good we can't even see!) out of this tragedy!

Anonymous said...

What a tragedy Aubs! I am so sorry! I will definitely pray for this family.